Thursday, July 07, 2005

Lonely, I am so Lonely....

I can't believe I'm admitting this but it needs to be done! I'm such a big baby! What a sucky realization for me...when I thought I was all independent and tough...what BS!

My parents went on vacation last Friday and are returning tomorrow night (1 week total). Before they left, I was all excited, to have the house to myself, to be free of nagging. I knew it would be a bitch to cook and clean for myself, but it was a fair trade off....but I never knew this would happen.

My worst nightmare came true....I felt lonely and I missed them! Not so much over the long weekend, I was too busy having fun and enjoying my days off and making a mess at home. But as work week started up again, it was a pain in the butt to take care of an entire house on my own. I've lived on my own before, I've even lived in foreign countries on my own...and I never felt lonely there. What the F&#K?

As I brush my teeth before going to bed, I found myself wondering why it was so quiet...I woke up in the morning and no one was there buttering my bagel with me...no one was fighting over the newspaper with me...no one was there to nag me to pick up my crap in the hallway....so I picked it up all on my own. It just wasn't the same! To top this all off....I decided to sleep in my mommy's bed on Tues...at least I didn't have the night light on...I swear, I didn't!?!?!?

It's amazing how I've gotten used to living at home...as I whine about living at home and flirt with the idea of moving out....I can't believe I've reacted like this! I've never lived at this house all by myself before....a front yard/back yard, 3 storeys, 5 bedrooms...that's a lot of space for little ol' me.

This week has given me something to think about....reflect...ponder....at least until the nagging, bitching and fighting resumes....then this week's feelings will become a shameful shameful memory for me. I'VE MISSED MY MOMMY!

Feel free to call me and laugh at me. Leave a message if I'm not home.

1 Comments:

Blogger glor said...

Already did the clean up last night...even got up this morning at 6am to finish the job. But thanks for looking out for me...all of the bottles and other plastics will be recycled accordingly. Afterall, think of the children...

12:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home