Monday, July 18, 2005

Weddings are F.U.N.!

If all weddings are like the one I just went to...YOU ALL BETTER GET MARRIED SOON AND I BETTER BE INVITED!!! The drama... emotions... pretty dresses... nice dinners... champagne... limos... special attention as one of the maids of honour...non-stop partying...


************************************************************************************

Wednesday: Errands around town, then the bachelorette in Boston. (Boston + limo + hotel + Prince Willy) x (a crap load of alcohol) - (the fact it was Wed night) = pretty good bachelorette party.

Before: What ladies, having a civilized dinner at a quaint restaurant in the North End of Boston...






Later on: Notice how my eyes aren't focusing straight anymore...








At the end of the night, I had picked myself up a BIG one and didn't have to go to bed alone...









************************************************************************************






Thursday: Rehearsal Day, was on my best behaviour. I got dolled up in a non-skanky way and got down to business. Got lost going to Francestown, NH (pop. 50). The Town Meeting Hall where the ceremony was held is so beautiful...very New England.





Later that night, rehearsal dinner was yummy and Nicole gave us girls a great gift!





Later later that night, when most of the wedding party relaxed at the bride's house, the naughty maids of honour went out on the town and didn't act like fair maidens...instead were more like inebriated wenches - at least I was... (sorry Chrissy!)

************************************************************************************


Friday: Reception hall set-up morning (a wee bit stressful), manicures, open house BBQ, final preparations, late night run for Smirnoff at the grocery store (Toronto needs that, ASAP), eventual nightcap in the hot tub with a round of drinks and whining, but no cheese though.

***********************************************************************************

Saturday: THE BIG DAY!

Early morning trip to the salon, get dressed, limo ride to the ceremony, the actual ceremony (crying, smiling, sweating, standing up straight - all went perfectly), photos in the heat and humidity, limo ride back to reception...



At the reception, dancing, eating, toasting, drinking...afterall, the wedding party did have a $200 tab which we didn't finish btw...how shameful?!?! I tried my very best...but I didn't have too much help. And I didn't start drinking until after my toast...such self control! Cried when Nicole danced with her mommy...my heart was warm when I saw how happy she was with all her loved ones around her. Surprisingly, my feet didn't hurt, at least not until the very end after 12 hours in my sparkly shoes.



And then they were gone, all was done, they went on happily on their honeymoon. To celebrate a wonderful week, the naughty maids of honour (sorry again Chrissy, but I was) went out with other naughty people and consumed more beverages with some live loud background rock music. Went back to the hotel, passed out...don't remember anything after but I'm pretty sure there wasn't anything to remember...
On a sad note...Sarah had the reluctant honour of being a nanny to Prince Willy and he had been contained in her boot (Australia = boot, US & CAN = car trunk) and with the wedding week over, he had a rough but fitting end. You served us well Prince Willy, I'll miss you. Much love, MWAH!




So.....WHO'S NEXT???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home