Friday, October 07, 2005

I shall name my future children Glaxo, Smith & Kline

My face has recovered! The swelling is almost gone, even though the bumps are still there. But you can hardly tell, at least I can hardly tell. And that's what matters. It's amazing how my confidence was soooo low...I felt so ugly. But now, I feel pretty, oh so pretty....
Plus, I realized although there are tons of tourists here, they're most European which means not a lot of visible minorities. Perhaps that could have contributed to the stares. Anyway, I'm in Mykonos now, my last island...which means only 2 days left here than one day of travel back to Athens. Oh, the ferry here was brutal...there were huge swells and I had to abandon my luggage to throw up in the bathroom. Not a good thing to do to leave your luggage unattended but hey, a girl has to do what she has to do. So now, I'm reconsidering...since the 'fast' ferry is the small boat that made me hurl...i may want to take the 'huge' boat that takes longer but is a much pleasant ride. yes yes, i think i shall choose option B.
Just in case you don't know, Mykonos is known for major hedonism...i've already seen 5 naked men on the beach and i was just out there for 2 minutes! stay tuned!

3 Comments:

Blogger Boris' Dad said...

gah! didn't think i'd stumble across you on the web! we should get together with melissa and matt again sometime!

1:00 a.m.  
Blogger glor said...

OH MY GOD! sorry, i had to take a second look at your picture and your message to realize who it was! oh no...now you know what kind of trouble i'm up to! yeah, i know Mel has a blog but I only stumbled across her's through a friend of hers whom i went to middle school with (Beth). we'll get together when i'm back in toronto for sure!

3:40 p.m.  
Blogger glor said...

Linda, sorry wise one. yes, i failed to explain. some of the naked men were hot, others were just old and nasty. but it was still fascinating to me about how different canadian/north american culture is from europe!

3:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home