Monday, August 29, 2005

An unexpected weekend!


WEEKEND IN MONTREAL!
Well, it was more like Saturday afternoon + evening in Montreal surrounded by 6 hours of driving each way combined with a general lack of sleep.

In the past, whenever I had big expectations for some plan, I was always inevitably disappointed due to a combination of factors: unrealistic expectations plus heightened drama and emotions. But to be honest, I was pleasantly surprised with how the weekend went. It didn't end up being a wild crazy drunken weekend but it was really....nice. It was a lovely weekend. Not lame, not boring...just nice.

So, for all of those who think I can't have fun without being drunk...HA! Although I did start my 'weekend' in Montreal with a B-52 coffee at 12:30pm...but hey, it was after a 6hr drive and I had woken up at 5:30am. Wouldn't you want a drink too?

(Do I look like I've had too many drinks? Of course now...the clear liquid was just H20)



Not to complain cause Lis hooked us up with her employee discount but let's just say Quality Inn lacked a big part of its name. It was an Inn...but it wasn't quality. A ghetto hotel room but with great location. But heck, a room with a mirror opposite to its queen bed can't be that bad, can it?

During the day, in Old Montreal, we saw six wedding parties doing their photographs. Funny enough...there was this party where the bridesmaids were wearing the same dress as I wore but in pink. And let me say this: Nicole, our dresses looked WAY hotter cause there's a reason why we didn't go with baby pink :) I'm such a b*tch, I know, I know...


It was Molson Indy weekend and there was a street party on Cresent. Since dance beats and hip hop/R&B doesn't exactly mix with Indy cars...the live bands were playing MY kind of music. The first one we heard played covers of Michael Jackson, Madonna, MJ, Madonna...I think I heard something else from the 80s, but then quickly reverted back to MJ and Madonna. Oh, and they played a little bit of "Hey Baby" which was absolutely fine with me! We were eating dinner during this band but I'm sure we would've had a blast singing and dancing along. Anyway, when the band is playing 3 ACDC songs in a row and you're having flashbacks to frosh week...now that's a party! And it also helped that I was frosh week for McGill so there were tons of screaming 18yr olds running around town doing things their parents would not approve of. Oh, to be frosh again...

Got some freebies, did a lot of people watching, saw some beautiful cars. A certain type of under 30yr old male goes to Indy events...I was very appreciate of the fact it was Indy weekend. I don't think Sheila was so impressed but I was! Oh by the way, Willy has been replaced! Now this is a BIG car...

One advantage of not partying late into the night was the fact that we could wake up early and go shopping at 10am! Very disappointed in the fact that the shops closed at 5pm on Saturday...prime shopping time wasted. But we got some last minute shopping done before making the long trek home. Less than 24hrs in Montreal...NOT what I had expected but exactly what I needed - a weekend away from all the drama this summer. Drama, drama, drama. It wouldn't be a summer without it but it drives me freakin crazy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home