Sunday, August 14, 2005

The Magic of the Australian Skirt

Some friends and I went to Distrikt Nightclub on Saturday and I wore a skirt that I hadn't worn in something like 2 years. This is a special skirt, it's my Australian skirt. I wore it out all the time to the clubs in Australia and did all of my crazy-dancing-picking up-drinking-stumbling down the street.

I don't intentionally do these things anymore now that I'm back in Toronto (the key word is intentionally...). These things might seem normal to you but the strangest power this skirt had was the ability to attract attention from the male species (yeah for me!). So anyway, this power returned to me last Saturday but unfortunately, in a very unwanted way. Fine if guys want to come up to you and dance with you but is it really necessary to put their hands all over you as if were a piece of fruit at the market. Hmm...I'd like a melon, some peaches, let's see if this watermelon is ripe enough by pressing firmly. Are guys at clubs blind and trying to find their way around by sticking their hands out to try and feel the wall? Anyway, I know what you must be thinking. Yes, I do like the attention. I'm not even going to try and pretend I don't. But I was grabbed way too many times and I must therefore blame it on the skirt. Ha ha, how true when it's attention from someone you like, it's all good. But as a woman in the modern era, I must do my duty and bitch about sleazy guys. It's so fun!

But anyway, here's a recap of the night and for all of you who saw me the next day, this will make sense (Char, you missed it, but you can ask Simon!).

Found out last minute I was going to be designated driver...but whatever, I still had a great time. Danced, got grabbed, dance more, got grabbed more.

Danced with very drunk people, took pictures of those very drunk people. Had the inevitable drama when the drunk people were trying to find other drunk people who were M.I.A.

Then I decided to be dramatic myself and got all bitchy and decided to get pissed off at one of my friends. Cried and got angry in the bathroom, then felt stupid, made up, apologized to the boys, (and what a sweeheart, I got an apology too!), got happy again and continued dancing.

To make up for my diva behaviour, I decided to accept an invitation to go swimming at someone's house and drive my friends there at 2:30am! Stopped for pizza, the boys got stupid and hurt my poor car by making it squeal, gave Sheila a mini driving lesson on front-in parking. Went swimming and played with noodles, finally drove home at 4:30am, dropped everyone off at 5:30am...and then I went home and went to bed like a good girl.

2 Comments:

Blogger glor said...

The skirt is just plain but my friend said it was very tight. It's all that delicious summer dessert I'm eating...I'm glad it's doing something productive!

1:59 p.m.  
Blogger glor said...

Char, we'll chat at softball. Oh yes, we'll chat. And we gotta hook up and go out and party! I know there's still a wild side in there aside from the Chinese BBQs!

9:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home